The internet has been exploding with headlines confirming Kristen Stewart’s relationship with her P.A. Alicia Cargile.
Over the last couple days Jules Stewart has been quoted as confirming her daughter’s new relationship with her personal assistant.
Jules interviewed with the UK based news brand, The Mirror, and confirmed that Alicia and Kristen were in a relationship and were very happy together. Some of the released quotes from the interview included:
- “What’s not to be accepting about her now having a girlfriend? She’s happy”
- “She’s my daughter, I’m just her mum so she knows I would accept her choices”
- “I’ve met Kristen’s new girlfriend, I like her. What’s not to accept? She’s a lovely girl.”
- “I feel like people need to be free to love whoever they want. I accept my daughter loves women and men”
- “It’s OK to be who you are in my world. We all choose our friends so we should be free to choose our lovers”
- “People are good to do whatever they like as long as they’re not hurting people or breaking the law”
- “I have gay friends, family members, I’m accepting of people, we are all free to choose who we want to love.”
The problem is that Jules denies making these statements! She says that she did, in fact, give an interview but never commented on her daughter’s love life. Instead she says they discussed, briefly, LGTB rights and she made a comment that Cargile is a “lovely girl”. After the interview went viral she told US Weekly:
“I spoke to Sharon Feinstein about my film K-11 that has been put on display in the Hollywood Museum. It’s currently there under the LGBT banner on the third floor. She also asked me about my views on gay rights, which I was happy to express. Then we talked briefly about the fundraiser I am hosting for TheWolfConnection.org. Never ever did we discuss Kristen!”
Feinstein, the journalist who quoted Kristen Stewart’s mom, is fighting back. Feinstein stands by the quotes and her reporting of the conversation. She said that she has the audio to defend herself and tweeted:
“I intend to load my tape of the interview I did with Kristen Stewart’s mother Jules in two clips. Watch this space”
Feinstein, now with a bone to pick, went on to say:
“When someone has spoken to a journalist in good faith it isn’t fair to blatantly deny it and call the journalists integrity into question. (…) I will be uploading the tapes to fly the flag for journalists and their integrity everywhere and stop this ubiquitous hatred and denigration of them and endless taking them to task.”
The last time there was this much attention on the Twilight star’s love life was after her infamous affair. Her romance with Robert Pattinson ended two years ago after she’d been spotted kissing director Rupert Sanders (who was married at the time).
The actress has been doing more than just dating, though. This last year she became the first American actress to win the France Cesar Award and has starred in movies like Still Alice, Camp X-Ray and Clouds of Sils Maria.
Regardless of what’s true and what isn’t, she’s on a great path and seems to be happy where’s she’s at…wherever that is!