At Sony’s press conference at Paris Games Week a few hours ago, Evolution Studios unveiled a big surprise. DriveClub Bikes is a standalone PlayStation 4 expansion to last year’s racing game DriveClub and it’s available for download now. The game, as the title suggests, focuses on motorbikes and is available for US $19.99 or US $14.99 if you played DriveClub.
In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Evolution Studio’s Community Development Manager Jamie Brayshaw wrote that they are “massive racing fans at Evolution and we love the challenge and the thrill of superbike racing, but we’ve always wanted to make them more approachable and fun, whilst still retaining the depth of control and authenticity you’d expect from us. With Driveclub Bikes we think we’ve accomplished that, so that everyone can enjoy riding these breath-taking superbikes.”
“The incredible speed and superb agility of high performance superbikes offers a completely new way to race, and as always with Driveclub, there’s a lot to play for, whether you ride offline or online with your club.”
Brayshaw also listed the game’s new features:
- “12 of the world’s best superbikes: Featuring bikes from top manufacturers including Yamaha, Ducati, Kawasaki, Honda, BMW, and more.
- Full Bikes Tour campaign: We’ve designed a new game mode and loads of events to help you get to grips with bikes and ultimately challenge you to master every superbike in the game.
- Unlimited Challenges: Create and compete in new challenges to show off and test your speed, agility, and skills with bikes.
- Personalized events: Create your own events on any track, in any mode, at any time, and with near limitless weather conditions.
- Multiplayer racing: Take advantage of the extra space on every track with opportunities to overtake on every corner in heated wheel-to-wheel action.
- Customization: Personalize your bikes and your rider, including paint jobs, rider leathers, and custom helmets.
- Clubs: Everything you do in Driveclub Bikes contributes to the success of your Club, unlocking new rewards, accolades, customization and challenges.”