Sony has announced release dates for the upcoming PlayStation 4 remasters of developer Quantic Dream’s PlayStation 3 adventure games Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. The ports, which were rumoured long before their official announcement after trophies for a PlayStation 4 version of Beyond popped up, will release several months apart.
Beyond: Two Souls is launching quite soon, this Tuesday, November 24, 2015 for US $29.99 in North America and Thursday, November 26, 2015 for €29.99/£24.99 in Europe. Heavy Rain will follow early next year on March 1st, 2016 in North America and March 2, 2016 in Europe, presumably for the same prices.
Both games will be available digitally from the PlayStation Store, but in Europe there will also be a retail disc release bundling both games together that will be released on March 2, 2016. It seems to be exclusive to PAL regions at this point in time, so American gamers will have to make do with digital editions of the titles. Gamers who buy Beyond: Two Souls digitally will receive a discount on Heavy Rain when it is released, making the overall price match that of the disc.
In a post on the PlayStation Blog, Quantic Dream’s Chief Operating Officer Guillaume de Fondaumiere detailed the improvements to the PlayStation 4 version of Beyond: Two Souls but kept quiet on any similar upgrades for Heavy Rain. According to the post, the port will feature:
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players
- You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in a number of fight scenes, combined with improved controls for action sequences
- Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC in the base game