Ariana Grande had an early Christmas present for her fans this year: Christmas and Chill.
That’s right. The 22-year-old diva pop artist released a three-track holiday EP on Thursday after teasing her fans via song clips on Instagram and themed lyrics on her Twitter account.
She finally confirmed the release of the EP Thursday after the songs appeared on ReverbNation. “Should already be out overseas! hope my babies are enjoying #ChristmasAndChill it’ll be out here tonight 9pm pst/12 am est #comethrusanta,” she wrote on Twitter.
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) December 17, 2015
Ariana Grande previously released a holiday EP in 2013 called Christmas Kisses, which featured classic songs Santa Baby and Last Christmas. However, Christmas and Chill contains only original tracks, including December and Wit It This Christmas. It includes six songs in total that are far from the classics. Actually, a few are a bit raunchy.
Lines such as “And whatever is on your list, I’ll do it/Boy whatever it is, you know I’ll do it” and “I’m just trying to keep my baby warm through the winter time.” OK, so the latter isn’t so raunchy, but it’s definitely different! That’s fine with me. Who needs ANOTHER cover of Baby It’s Cold Outside!
Listen to the entire EP here.
We shall see if Grande can give Mariah Carey a run for her money! She was recently dethroned from the top holiday spot, which she held with All I Want for Christmas Is You. The Shins swooped in to take it with Wonderful Christmastime. But she’ll also have to beat out these holiday songs:
1. The Shins, “Wonderful Christmastime”
2. Mariah Carey, “All I want for Christmas Is You”
3. Christina Aguilera, “Christmas Time”
4. Waitresses, “Christmas Wrapping”
5. Jack Johnson, “Someday at Christmas”
6. Kelly Clarkson, “Underneath the Tree”
7. Michael Buble, “A Holly Jolly Christmas”
8. Bing Crosby, “White Christmas”
9. Train, “What Christmas Means to Me”
10. Ella Fitzgerald, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”